Time is TBD|
Marin Country Day School
The Class Conference 2020 with Blink
Let's have THAT conversation!
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Marin Country Day School, 5221 Paradise Dr, Corte Madera, CA 94925, USA
About the Event
Blink is facilitating the second (ever) Class Conference: the only conference that’s all about socioeconomic and class diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)
Join Alison Park, Founder, Blink Consulting; Mark Mitchell, Vice President, NAIS; Tesha Poe, Direcor of Advancement, Girls Middle School and Founder and CEO of Joy-Raising; and student leaders for two days of professional growth and dialogue. Tools and skills focused working sessions include:
- Can we talk about SES and class? Finding words and forging understanding
- What’s race got to do with it?
- Socioeconomic diversity in our schools: Realities, roadblocks, response
- Can we talk about financial assistance? A panel with students whose families are receiving FA
- SE-typical? Recognizing institutional norms, bandwidths and blindspots in serving financially and class diverse communities
- DEI or Die: Why our fundraising practices must be inclusive to be sustainable
- Got leadership for socioeconomic diversity?
- Shared understandings and lexicon to have growthful conversations about SES and class that advance equity and inclusion in our learning communities
- Practical "try tomorrow" (Pollock, 2008) tools and strategies for enacting the intentions of equity and inclusion in impactful everyday practice with students, families and colleagues
- Principles, structures and effective practices to advance socioeconomic and class inclusion and equity intentionally and systemically
This workshop is for preK-adulthood staff, administrators, faculty, trustees and parents/guardians who are committed to advancing socioeconomic and class identity, diversity, equity and inclusion in their communities for all students, families and employees.
Breakfast, lunch, beverages and snacks will be provided both days. While vegetarian, non-vegetarian and some gluten-free options will be available, please feel free to bring your own meals if you have strict dietary restrictions.
For teams of 3+ from the same school/organization: $500 per team member. Use discount code DEITEAM for each registration.
For individuals and teams paying by check, please use discount code INTHEMAIL. Make the check out to Blink Consulting, and mail to: Blink Consulting, 945 Greenhill Rd. Mill Valley, CA 94941.
If the registration fee is prohibitive, please contact Alison (email@example.com) for options).